A land of snow capped peaks, forests, beautiful backdrops and scintillating lakes. Associate all these with the apt blend of cultural beauty and historical significance to understand the country India. Natural beauty is abundant in this country and it boasts of the most promising experience, anywhere in the region. So, whether you are planning to soak yourself in the serenity and beauty of the north, blossom with the eccentricity of the South, plunge in the rustic nature of the East or mesmerize in the blend of West, the country will never refrain from either. You will have the best experience of your life in this land of mystic beauty conjoined with immense opportunities.
The town of Darjeeling nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, in the West Bengal state of India has plenty to look forward to. You can plan your vacation in the town aloof from the hustle bustle of your city, in the lap of the Mother Nature. The dazzling snow peaks of Kanchenjunga, rolling hills,orchids, mesmerizing tea garden, the Himalayan toy train, shopping the handicrafts and picturesque beauty is a glimpse of the beautiful experience called Darjeeling.
So, when have decided to come to the city, here are some interesting things which you can indulge in to have a great time:-
1. Sightseeing- Beauty is sprinkled in the city in the form of monasteries the cultural epitome, hills which offer the most splendid view and temples with their religious importance. The Peace Pagoda is the place of religious importance and was crafted to spread peace.
Then there is the Ghoom Monastery, which is the largest in Ghoom. There is also the Mag-Dhog Yolmowa monastery and the Bhutia Busty Gompa which is provided with a nice view as well as is of religious significance.
The Dhirdham and Mahakaal temples portray the blend of Tibetan and Buddhist architectural style. And when it is about sightseeing, you definitely need to reach to the charming Tiger hill. It provides with some of the most panoramic view which is bound to allure you. Take a peek at the flora and fauna of the Darjeeling town at the Zoo.
2. Trekking- There are a number of peaks and hills in the city. Hence, you can take benefit of availing the best trekking experience. There is also the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute,which is the paradise for adventure enthusiasts.
3. Shopping- In this beautiful town, you can definitely go on a shopping spree purchasing handicrafts, carpets and artifacts. And of course, you can enjoy shopping for home ware and furnishing sat the Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center.
4. Feasting- You can taste the freshest of tea at the tea plantations spread round the city or you can immerse yourself in the aroma and taste of the delicacies which are sold at street shops.
5. Commuting- When in the city, you cannot afford to miss the ride on the Himalayan toy train. If you have children with you, they are going to love this experience. Even otherwise you cannot miss the opportunity to ride on it.
You are bound to have a wonderful time in this city. However, it is always good to pursue pre booking of accommodations for a comfortable stay. You also need to take care of your safety whether in the city, strolling the streets or in your hotel room.